What’s Included in My Roof Replacement Costs?November 14, 2016
Shingle Quality and Your Roof: What to Know Before Hiring A ContractorNovember 14, 2016
Hiring roofing contractors can be a stressful undertaking. Your roof is important, and you don’t want to take any unnecessary chances with it. If it needs to be repaired or replaced, you’ll want to be sure that you are getting the best quality work at an affordable price. There are many factors that can go into choosing a contractor, including the materials they use and the reliability of their work.
In fact, deciding on a contractor may be the single most important decision you can make, as it can affect the condition of your home for many years to come. That’s why comparison-shopping for contractors is so critical, and you shouldn’t rush into this choice without due thought. You need to do more than just search for roofing contractors near me; you also need to ask the right questions, so you know exactly what you’re getting.
Here are seven questions that can help you pick the best contractor for the job:
- Do you have a written contract? Because this is such an important job, any local roofing contractors you consider should not be willing to leave it up to chance. Always make sure that your contractor will put everything in writing so that you both know exactly where you stand before the first nail is hammered into place. That way you can avoid unpleasant confrontations down the road. And with everything in writing you’ll be able to make sure that every detail is covered and that you know exactly what the contractor is bringing to the table. It’s a little extra peace of mind for both you and your contractor.
- What warranties do you offer? All roofing contractors should offer a warranty on their work that covers any issues that may come up. DePalma Construction carries a 20-year workmanship guarantee on every job. Aside from these warranties, there may also be manufacturer’s warranties on the materials used. Our golden pledge package which comes with a 25 year workmanship warranty and includes GAF’s Master Elite coverage which means a certified GAF inspector performs random inspections on the jobs when we finish.
- Do you offer any guarantees? Warranties provide for any possible problems with the materials and the workmanship, but when you’re looking for local roofing contractors, you’ll also want to find out if they offer any further guarantees on top of that. Again, DePalma is unique among contractors in the greater Harrisburg area as we guarantee a 24-hour turn around for a scheduled estimate and completed estimated in hand 1-2 days after on-site vist. We provide a 24-hour completion window for most jobs. No matter how big or small, we will get your job done in one day because we understand how precious your time is.
- Are you licensed to do roofing work in my area? This is a particularly important question for all roofing contractors, as most states require contractors to have a license to do their work. Pennsylvania doesn’t require contractors to be bonded, but DePalma Construction is registered with the state, something that should give homeowners reassurance.
- Are you insured? By nature, roofing work is inherently dangerous, and for this reason, you need to be covered in any eventuality. When considering local roofing contractors, you’ll want to be sure that any contractor you hire is properly insured to cover both accidents to workers or damage caused to your home by their work. All contractors should carry both worker’s comp and liability insurance to cover all the bases. Without the proper coverage, any expenses incurred while on your property could fall back on you.
- What steps will you take to protect my home? When searching roofing contractors near me, you’ll want to take into consideration how an individual contractor will treat your property. Will they take any special steps to protect your landscaping and house and what will they do to clean up after themselves? These are all very important factors to you, so you shouldn’t leave them to chance. You want local roofing contractors who will treat your home as if it was their own, something DePalma Construction prides themselves on. We even go so far as to use a patented movable dump trailer, the Equipter, to ensure that all debris is contained and removed as we go, with no unsightly dumpsters left on site for days on end. And because most jobs are completed in one day, the disruption to your property will be as minimal as possible.
- Do you have customer references? You can never underestimate the importance of word of mouth advertising. The best way to determine the quality of roofing contractors is by seeing their work first hand and hearing from other homeowners who have worked with them. Any good contractor should be able to provide you with local references so that you can find out exactly what they have to offer. Of course, contractors will only want to provide you with positive reviews of their work, so you will have to dig a little on your own to make sure you get the other side. You can look online for customer reviews or ask around among family and friends for their experiences. Just remember that it’s important to find out about the negatives as well as the positives before spending a considerable amount of money.
You don’t want to take any chances when searching roofing contractors near me, so make sure that you know exactly what to look for before you sign a contract. This way you’ll be able to ensure that you are getting the most for your money. Remember to get a written estimate and check it over very carefully and don’t be afraid to ask these or any other questions you might have.
Your home is your most valuable asset, and you want to make sure that every part of it will last for as long as possible. So don’t take your roof for granted…do your homework and find a roofing contractor in your area who can get the job done right.
Great Job! A
James and Chad were excellent to work with!...service doesn't get any better. We had a re-roof, new gutters and new skylight. All done in a very professional manner and quality result! I would highly recommend De Palma Construction!
Really nice job, looks great!
The roof looks great. Good job. Clean up was good around the grounds. Big mess inside to clean up but that's to be expected. Also , noticed a few scratches on the siding. But it OK. Thank you , Caroline Hoffman
Excellent all in all
We wanted to submit this review because we know how helpful the other reviews were for us. Glad we went with DePalma. From start to finish, the people at DePalma were excellent and put us at ease. It started with the estimate read more>>
20 YEAR ‘PEACE OF MIND’ WORKMANSHIP GUARANTEE
We haven’t had a call back from any customer for problems with a roof we’ve installed in over 20 years of business. But just in case, you’re covered by our 20 year workmanship guarantee. That means if a shingle cap blows off in a windstorm, or a leak forms, or anything roof related for that matter - we will promptly replace and/or repair the problem at no cost to you.